Terms and Conditions
BDCU Alliance Bank Mobile Banking App Terms and Conditions
The BDCU Alliance Bank® App is designed for smart phone devices, which offers a fast, simple and convenient Mobile Banking experience. With the BDCU Alliance Bank® App, you can take your bank with you wherever you go.
The BDCU Alliance Bank App® is not a stand-alone product. It is an additional feature of Online Banking and is available to BDCU Alliance Bank® members who have registered for Online Banking.
Each time you use the BDCU Alliance Bank® App these Terms and Conditions along with the Accounts and Access Facilities will apply. These Terms and Conditions operate in conjunction with any terms and conditions which apply to any accounts accessed by use of this service.
Not all Internet and Phone Banking services and features are available for the BDCU Alliance Bank® App.
The BDCU Alliance Bank® App will allow you to:
- check your account balance and transaction history,
- transfer money between your accounts,
- pay your bills using BPAY,
- make internal transfers to other memberships, and
- make transfers to other financial institutions.
Online Banking transaction limits will apply.
The BDCU Alliance Bank® Mobile Banking App provides a high level of security. BDCU Alliance Bank® will refund your money if your account is compromised due to internet fraud, as long as you comply with our Account & Access Facility Terms & Conditions. This includes:
- keeping your Member number, Online Banking password and the Mobile Banking App PIN number private,
- ensure your mobile devices are covered by the latest software and security updates available,
- setting a device PIN or password on your mobile phone, and
- installing/enabling remote wipe software on your phone.
To log into the BDCU Alliance Bank® App, you will use your Member Number and Online Banking Password.
When you register for the BDCU Alliance Bank® App you can set a four to nine digit PIN to access the service.
Protecting your PIN
You should always:
- memorise the PIN as soon as possible. If you record it, disguise it, so others can’t decipher it
- if you nominate a PIN, use a number that is not obvious or can’t be easily guessed (e.g. don’t use date of birth or driver’s licence number)
You must never:
- tell or let anyone find out your PIN, not even family or friends
- record a PIN on your phone or computer
- keep a record of the PIN with your phone
Other things you must do
- Lock your phone and take any reasonable steps to stop unauthorised use,
- Notify us immediately if your phone is lost or stolen or you suspect your access PIN has become known to someone else, and
- Only install approved applications on your phone.
- Leave your phone unattended and logged into the BDCU Alliance Bank® App.
- Use the BDCU Alliance Bank® App with a phone or device other than a compatible phone.
Under the ePayments Code you may be liable for losses arising from an unauthorised transaction if you breach any of the Account & Access Facility Terms & Conditions
Suspension or Termination
We may suspend or terminate your use of the BDCU Alliance Bank® App without notice at any time if we suspect unauthorised transactions have occurred or that the BDCU Alliance Bank® App is being misused.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. We will notify you of any material changes by electronic notice to you via your phone or the App store or Google Play Store.
If you travel outside of Australia you may still have access to the BDCU Alliance Bank® App. You should check with your telephone communications provider that the mobile device will be able to use relevant networks in those countries in which you are travelling. BDCU Alliance Bank® is not liable for any additional costs you may incur.
Mobile Banking Costs
We do not charge a licence fee for the BDCU Alliance Bank® App. However, you may incur data charges from your mobile network provider for downloading the app and performing transactions with the app. Check with your relevant service provider for more details.
There are no extra costs for using the BDCU Alliance Bank® App. Standard fees and charges do apply. Internet data charges may be incurred through your mobile service provider - check with your Internet Service Provider or your mobile phone service provider for more details. Access is subject to availability and maintenance.
Which mobile phones are supported?
Not all mobile devices are capable of accessing and using the BDCU Alliance Bank® App. You are responsible for using, having or obtaining a compatible mobile device in connection with any use of this service. We support the following systems:
- Apple iOS 8.0 and above
- Android Version 4.1 and above
ePayments Code and Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice®
In providing you with BDCU Alliance Bank® app service, BDCU Alliance Bank warrants that it will comply with the ePayments Code and the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
And there's more
As economists and traders have predicted, it has come to no surprise the RBA have... read more
With the proliferation of smartphones and internet-connected devices, the focus of... read more
Whether you’re just moving in with your partner or taking that big step to purch... read more
Over the past two decades, purchasing investment properties have made a great deal... read more
With kids already back to school and reactivating their habit for learning, now i... read more
As the range of digital subscription services continue to expand, direct debits ar... read more
As more and more of us are conducting our banking via our smartphones, scams via t... read more